Sunday, April 1, 2012

Picture Critique


I really like the time of day that this picture was taken at. I appreciate how the light hits the flower offering areas of shadows. The shadows give it more character than say it would if light was directly on it causing no such shadows. The light kind of glowing through the petals gives the flower the essence of how pure it is, it is not plastic, and it does not have anything out of the ordinary.  The angle that the picture is taken from is a good chose because it allows one to see all the layers of the flower and not just a side view of it.

The part of the photo I dislike though is the amount of clutter under the flower and in the window. I think it distracts a little bit to much from the subject. I like the idea of having a couple other things in the background so that your eyes can wonder to other areas of the photo. I found it just a little overwhelming, otherwise with a few less items and placed strategically you could give the photo that little extra to make it even more appealing. This is a great image a few different corrections for next time and I think the photo will be even better. The flower would receive all of its glory as the subject of the photo.

Mitch Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment